Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jose Reyes: The Champ

After yesterdays bunt single to give Jose Reyes a batting average of .337, Ryan Braun took the field later that day against the Pittsburgh Pirates and went 0-4 with a batting average of .332. Reyes won the NL batting title and released a statement saying:

"I just want to say I’m humbled and honored to win the batting title. It means so much to my family and my country, the Dominican Republic. I have been through a lot over the past few years so this really means a lot to me. It’s also very special to be the first Mets player to win a batting title. There have been so many great players throughout our history. I want to thank Terry Collins, my coaches and all my teammates and of course all the Mets fans who have always supported me and been behind me 100 percent.”

CONGRATULATIONS JOSE REYES!

I would also like to add that I have no problem with Jose wanting to leave the game after he got the bunt single. Reyes has never been one to disappoint the fans, he plays his hardest when he is out on the field. If he felt like this was that important to him than as a fan, a fan that went to Citifield yesterday solely to watch him play, I respect his decision. He has given so much to the fans with his exciting play and love for the game that I think people shouldn't complain about his decision. He deserved this, he was entitled to make his choice. I respect his decision, I think he is an amazing athlete, and am happy that he becomes the first player in Mets history to win a batting title - now come back and do it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment